Skip to main content

Word Blanket

I wonder -

If I started a story, a book, an idea would anyone join in? If I gave a starting point could others then take the idea and run with it? The details, what happens, the outcome all your choosing. Would someone else have enough imagination to create something of there own? I did, but before I share it with you all, I give you this one "requirement" you must carry the story on and it must have an ending.

Kinda like a shared story, a book put together by friends and complete strangers. To be clear I am already in the process of turning what I've started into a complete book which I hope to have finished soon, so I don't need any ideas or help. I really just want to give a "preview" before I finish it.

And so OUR Story:

This is a story about Nolan Rager, A 35 year old man born and raised in a little town just outside of Topeka, Kansas. A town where your neighbors know neighbors and the weekly little league game is the talk of the week, a town with the “local bar” feel, the smell of the leaves falling off the tress a natural part of the day.

He grew up the son of a factory foreman, who worked long hours to put food on the table for Nolan and his two brothers. Nolan was the youngest of the three, the last child of a motherless family, his mother leaving when he was but three years old. Growing up he felt he was the reason that his mother had left, all his life having to depend on the memories of things that those around him would tell him about, he would look at old pictures from a time that he barely remembered. The only things that he could only truly remember were the sound of her voice and the smell of her favorite perfume. “Essence(that was the name of it)”- a word that put warmth in his heart, a word that gave him feeling. And the sound of her voice “There’s my sunshine” she would say, Her voice the voice of an angel.

Nolan, like his older brothers played sports growing up, Rodney being the “MVP” at practically everything growing up and his other brother Randy while not quite the “MVP” like Rodney growing up, still found himself with just as many rewards. Nolan however was not as athletic as the other to nor as lucky it would seem, what with the Asthma and the leg braces until he was 9, the result of a family gene passed down on his mothers side and sadly bestowed upon him. For all of the sports and activities that his brother excelled at, Nolan did not, but he had his books and his pet Turtle “Mally”, Nolan and Mally spent a lot of time at the baseball diamond watching his brothers and other neighborhood kids play pick up baseball games, even getting the chance to pick up and throw back any baseballs that had happened to roll his way…..


Alright, I've given you a beginning. The plot and the ending are all up to you....HAVE FUN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alone

  Ss-Ss-Sometimes I'm all alone, with these demons, feel 'em watching, Waiting for me to fall, once again, I see 'em plotting, My life is a constant bowl of equal circumstance & conflict, Contemplation of misery or memory confirmation, Held up in the midst of turmoil using joy as my only outlet, In my head I see a gathering of enemies friends and family my end dealt by the same pair of dirty hands that once cared for me, fatal outlook, Heart for you to diagnose in the place your secrets dwell, Laying it all on the line, for mine, give me peace or give me hell, Ss-Ss-Sometimes I’m wanderin', wanderin', wanderin', all alone in this world Fighting with my back against the wall, Against these demons for the throne, I give my all 'till I fall Epee thrusts for ethics cause, I give my best, give my best, give my best for it......:ALL: Forum my epic efforts cryptically, dispensing newly found resolve, without pau...

From the Ground to the Throne

Rich. Famous. Powerful Live for all that is destined and designed by the above and the words Rich.Famous.Powerful will guide and shield you,  show you  all the troubles before you could never measure up to what to what He can do, I’m telling you the sum total of those words will mean more to me than any dollar amount could ever show, and just in case your wondering yes I am rich , famous , and above all else yes I will forever be powerful even if my BofA account currently shows current valued worth as $-82.70 , I’m short on this months rent, and my phones are turned off, I could probably feel depressed going on two years without a job, and do to my recent grades worry that my financial aide has been postponed, but I can’t get upset because I’m where I need to be to lift off, ready to make the leap of faith and land on a level others can only dream of Rich. Famous. Powerful. just wait ‘til you see us From the ground to the...

Tattered & Torn

Intro: True love is so hard to find spend all of our lives blinders on blind leading the blind blindly on the search, search blindly yet seldom find cluelessly searching foolishly amongst fools trapped lost in the spacing of time yet heart steady yearnin’ blind need I remind all of the times we’ve run into it blind, and uncertain simply just a messenger, I message each and everyone searchin need I remind remind you loves rules loves rules need I  be the one to  remind .2. clues  all you blinded fools passing signs without clues I begin, What it do 2 a man I –AMEN-       She say boy take a look at the heart that you’re breakin’ Shattered pictures fall from the walls all the time that we’ve wasted names etched on glass, all the momentary minutes that’ve passed slowly as they pass, time slowly winds back First Verse: his and her wedding cake in fact tomorrow marks the date, June the motherfuckin’ t...